- Rätt fästmetod
FIND THE RIGHT ATTACHMENT METHOD
There are many different attachment methods and hence it is not easy to know which one to choose. We would therefore like to help you choose the method that works best for you by giving you a simple explanation of what method suits whom best and provide the tools you need to find your perfect hair extensions.
PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY
Depending on whether you wish to wear your hair extensions around the clock or only at certain times, you have a choice between permanent or temporary hair extensions.
The permanent methods are nail hair, tape hair, loop hair, stick tip hair, nano hair and weft hair. These remain attached around the clock and last for months – for how long depends on how well you take care of your hair extensions.
As a temporary hair extension you use clip in hair. This is easy to remove and can be attached to your hair whenever you want. We also have clip in ponytails and clip in fringes for those occasions when you want to change your hair style instantly and very easily.
WHICH PERMANENT METHOD SUITS YOU?
Which method you should choose depends on the demands you have on your extension and how familiar you are with hair extensions. The hair extension can be attached at the hair dresser’s, but you can also attach it yourself with the help from a friend if you practice a little bit. Some hair extensions are, however, more difficult to attach than others.
- PRE-BONDED HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Suits all, beginners as well as more experienced users. With some practice, you can attach the hair at home and many hair dressers are very skilled at this attachment method.
- Lasts approx. 2-3 months, depending on maintenance.
- You will need: a heat iron to attach the hair and nail hair remover to remove it.
- TAPE HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Primarily suitable for those who have some experience of hair extensions or have the hair attached by a skilful hair dresser, as it may be difficult to attach because you cannot touch the tape with your fingers and must have the right amount of hair between the strands. As this method is relatively new, many hair dressers do not have a great deal of experience of it yet.
- Suitable for those with thin and short hair, as the flat attachments become invisible and the method is gentle and puts less strain on your own hair than other methods do.
- Lasts for approx. 2–3 months, but if the tape hair is handled properly, it can be taken out and reattached.
- You will need: tape remover to remove the strands and additional tape if you want to reattach them.
- LOOP HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Suits everybody, as it is easy to attach using pliers and micro rings, as well as plastic loops that are already attached to the strand.
- Lasts approx. 2-3 months and can then easily be removed.
- You will need: pliers to attach and remove the strands.
- STICK TIP HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Suits everybody, as it is easy to attach using pliers and micro rings that are bought separately.
- Lasts approx. 2-3 months and can be easily removed and reattached with new micro rings if properly taken care of.
- You will need: pliers to attach and remove the strands, a hook and micro rings for attachment.
- NANO HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Suits those who want a small, almost invisible attachment that is still easy to attach as well as reattachable.
- Lasts approx. 2-3 months after which it can be reattached with new nano rings if it is properly looked after.
- You will need: pliers to attach and remove the strands, a hook and nano rings for attachment.
- WEFT HAIR EXTENSIONS
- Especially suitable for those with thick hair.
- Lasts approx. 2-3 months.
- Offers many attachment possibilities – glue, sewing them in or using micro rings. You can also sew in clips and treat yourself to a temporary hair extension.
- You will need: glue if you want to glue the weft hair extension on, needle and thread if you want to sew it on, pliers, hook and micro rings if you want to attach it as stick hair or clips if you want to clip it on.